Pages

.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Marriage

It is amazing how marriage changes over the years..

In the beginning of our marriage things were rough.. and honestly I didn't know if we would stand the test of time, but things changed and we worked it out as we continue to do. Everyday isn't all peaches and cream (good thing to cause i don't like peaches :p) but we are happy.

We have learned that our marriage is the most important thing and putting each other before all else is what makes a great one. We are committed to each other and to making things work. I see so many marriages fall apart for one reason or another and it saddens me. I think most of the time people just take the easy way out.. they abuse their relationship to the point of no return.

I can tell you this, my past relationships definitely were not ideal. However, I did learn something from them although not everything I learned was good. I learned that trust is hard to come by and once that is gone, it is hard to get back. I learned that people will "forget" about their loved one in order to fulfill their primal desires. I learned that if you want to be with someone else you should leave the person your with rather than hurting them. I learned that communication is important and if you cannot talk to your spouse about everything then you will ache inside. I learned that most importantly, you cannot be happy in a relationship if you do not know who you are and depend solely on the other person to entertain, chauffeur you, guide you, or give you friends. You have to be a whole person with them or without them.

I think that one of the things that makes my marriage strong is that my husband and I choose to be together. We both know that we could make it in life without the other, but we choose each other instead. We have a love that I never knew could exist. We were drawn together in an amazing set of circumstances. Our love has grown by leaps and bounds over the years and I am enjoying the growth. Instead of growing apart, we are growing together. We share our likes, dislikes, fantasies, and random thoughts that come to us. We make each other laugh.. and I think that is very important. Laughter in my mind bonds people.. true laughter sets the heart free.

With all the trials and tribulations that Kris & I have faced in the past and will continue to face in the future, I believe that I can safely say we will see you 50 years from now, and we will still be holding hands as we hold each others hearts.

This was our very first picture together... December 2002

Photobucket


This was March 2010 over 7 years later... after his 3rd deployment. :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is always appreciated!

Photobucket