Pages

.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Age Vs. Height

Am I the only one who has trouble with this.. For me and I don't know why I do this, but I have always equated height with age.. To me, the taller you are, the older you are.. It is hard for me to see shorter people as older than me just as it is hard for me to see taller people as younger than me.

As for how I see myself.. I am not sure.. I see myself as a mature grown woman.. but I wonder if others see me that way.. or if they see me as a child.

Sometimes I think people treat me like I am much younger than I am which tends to drive me crazy... I always wonder if people determine my age by how I look or how I act. Or if they take a mixture of both. So then I wonder how "old" do people really think I am..

Does the fact that I have blond streaks in my hair hurt my photography business? Do people not believe how long I have been doing this because of the way I look? And to answer your question, No, I do not think I "look" younger than I am.. but I don't feel my age..lol..

So what do you think? Do you determine someone's age by some menial factor like height? Do you determine it by maturity? appearance? A mixture of these?

If you took a look at me would you believe that I have 6 years of experience in Photography? Would you believe that I have been doing it for 5 years Professionally? Even more so.. would my hairstyle make you think less of me as a professional? I know tattoos can make someone seem less professional, so what about their hairstyle?

Tell me what you think.. :)

Here is a recent picture of me to help you out.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm kind of with you on the height thing. No matter how much younger than me someone is, if they're taller than me, I always feel like they should be older...lol And, I think people make snap judgements about looks no matter what--if its tattoos, piercings, hairstyles, clothes, whatever. Its super annoying... I hope that with our generation being the tattooed/pierced generation that it is, we can kind of change that.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is always appreciated!

Photobucket