Pages

.

Monday, August 17, 2009

With every step...

With every step in life we set things into motion and change comes upon us.. do we embrace the change or avoid it? My life has been full of ups and downs and many many changes.. not all good but all important... Each change has led me to where I am now and to who knows where in the future.. .. but I have done some good things with what I have been given... Today I finished the last paper I may ever have to write for school .. meaning I don't know if I will go back and get my masters some day or not.. even if I do.. it won't be for at least four years when all the kids are in school... I finally have a bachelors degree.. and honestly that is something I never thought I would have so it is still a little surprising.. I have wanted to go into counseling for many years now.. and hopefully someday I will be able to ... right now though... I am going to be able to enjoy watching my kids grow up.. and further pursuing my photography career.... One day I hope to work at a high school or middle school as a counselor... but for most schools I believe that requires a masters so I will need two more years of school.. sigh.. Anyways.. back to my original thought...
Change helps us to develop ourselves as well rounded people.. but do you roll with the punches or curl into a ball and cry screaming I don't want this change and I won't do it...
Embracing change will help you to grow as a person and develop a sense of yourself that you may not have without it..
Leaving home for the first time.. which for me happened when I was very young.. is usually the first BIG change that people face.. barring some unforseen circumstance such as a parents divorce or death ... (the parents divorce also happened for me young)
But these changes can be good .. if we let them be good.. don't be afraid to wonder out into the world and develop yourself as a person.. you do not need other people to make you who you are.. I have met many people.. myself included that got caught up in a bad relationship at a young age and felt like the world was ending during the relationship and even after the relationship ended.. but that horrible relationship made me stronger.. and made me realize that I don't "need" anyone to make me happy.. I need to make myself happy...
Through many changes and struggles I have become a better person .. I hope that I continue to grow throughout my life..
I want to continue to learn everything that I can.. about life, love, and all the other subjects in the world that interest me... for When we stop learning.. We stop living...
Embrace the changes ahead.. and remember.. no change has to be gone through alone.. but you have to be willing to let people in to walk with you through it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is always appreciated!

Photobucket