Pages

.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

It has begun!

The C25K that is! I started my running on Tuesday.. It was a beautiful day out so I ran outside for my first 20 minute run.. Then when I came back home I did some yoga.. That stretched out my muscles who are not so used to doing much of anything and made them feel much better..

Then that afternoon I went to the gym with Photina, it is great to have someone to go with that motivates and encourages me. I don't think I would be able to keep up with this program without her support. So Thank You P! I really really appreciate it, you have no idea how much!

Day 1 was hard.. I found it really hard to continue jogging for the 1 minute intervals .. which is really sad... it is 1 minute of walking and a minute and a half of walking.. I felt like I was going to pass out, but somehow I finished.

Yesterday was Day 2 and my legs and hips were very sore.. but I went to the gym with Photina like we had planned and did my routine .. and this time it was a little easier to jog for the minute.. I was going at a little slower of a pace this time but I did it non the less.

Today is my day off, mainly since Kris has duty so there is no one to watch the kids for us to go to the gym and the children area of the gym doesn't have 2 treadmills.. So we will be back to it on friday.. and weirdly enough, I am looking forward to it! Me, the girl who hates working out..haha.. I think that I am looking forward to it so much now because I have someone to do it with... that really does make a lot of difference.

So in order to lock in this routine I have also done another thing that I never thought I would do.. I registered my niece Mystry and myself for the See Jane Run 5K... I have to say, I am scared that I won't be able to finish.. but I am really hoping .. I will have to take a time out in my training because I am having surgery in May, but down time shouldn't be too long.. and I will still be able to walk.. just not jog... The run isn't until July 17th.. so I should be fine.. especially since the C25K says it will have you able to run a 5K in only 2 months.. So.. here it goes.. I paid the money.. there are no refunds... I am doing this!

1 comment:

  1. It is fun and I enjoy the company as well. You will rock the 5K!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is always appreciated!

Photobucket