Pages

.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning....

Move day is getting closer and closer.. We now have a little over 3 1/2 months until we are leaving Washington and I can tell you that the stress of it all has not been lost on me. Although I have already gotten the major things done, such as scheduling the move with the Navy and turning all our paperwork in with housing in Illinois... There are still somethings that need to be done.. Downsizing for instance... I have been working on getting rid of the things we don't need, want, or use.. seems like a simple task.. but, not really.. as our things are randomly stored all over the house in not so easy to access areas.

If only I could get my kids to do this!! haha



Then there is the cleaning that has to be done.. I am slowly working on getting things cleaned up from the tornadoes called children that I live with to a point where I can keep it decent until the heavy cleaning begins a few days before we move. I will also be hiring someone outside of the family that was recommended to me to help me with the cleaning.. as apparently housing here does not clean up after people move out the way they are supposed to.. Don't get me wrong, I expected to leave the place clean.. but I think that wiping the tracks that the kitchen drawers run on is a little excessive.

So.. it is replacing light bulbs, scrubbing tubs, sweeping carports, washing walls, and sorting through toys and clothes for me. If anyone wants to help grab a magic eraser and come on over!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is always appreciated!

Photobucket