Pages

.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I got my motivation!

A few days ago I was cruising around on facebook and as usual feeling bad about my weight and how much I eat when I happened across a friend of mines progress pictures from her weight loss. Her picture spoke to me.. motivated me.. moved me to do what I had done so long ago. Take control of myself, my eating, and my life!

Before I got pregnant with Alora I stayed comfortably at 125 and it was easy. I didn't overeat. I rarely had "cheat" days. I didn't need them. I was always satisfied by the amount of food I ate. I had taught myself how to eat right and how to eat the right amount of calories for my lifestyle. When I got pregnant though I lost my mind. I forgot how to take care of myself. I forgot what it was like to eat right and feel good about doing it. Instead I felt bloated and uncomfortable most of the time and never let myself feel hungry.

Do you know what it is like to feel hungry? I mean actually hungry. I used to.. and now I do again. I have to tell you.. it feels GOOD! Yes! GOOD! I started REALLY counting calories again! I counted them before, but I didn't actually restrict myself to the amount of calories necessary to lose weight. I have been working out a few times a week. Just making sure I get some kind of activity in for at least 30 minutes is the main thing.

Regardless.. The whole point of this post is to hold myself accountable. It has only been 5 days now since I started this new education period of relearning how to eat and finding out how my body feels when I am really hungry and when I am REALLY FULL!
That is another thing that you have to really pay attention to.. eat slowly so that you know when you are full! Don't eat until you are gorged and over full only till satisfied. You won't feel full for a few weeks, it takes time for your body to adapt to the right eating habits and to shrink back down to its correct size.

So far I have lost 1 pound.. in 5 days! I think that is pretty good. They say 1-2 pounds a week is a good goal.. My goal is to top out and make it to 2 pounds a week. We shall see what happens. I probably won't post here again until I make my goal because I keep track of my progress in a personal written journal. :)

Here is a little virtual image of where my weight is now and where I am trying to get to.


A HUGE thank you to my motivators!! You know who you are! :)

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is always appreciated!

Photobucket