Pages

.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Getting well again..

So, after all the fluid that was drained from my breast the first time I still felt like they had missed a pocket. So I went back in to see Dr. Patel once again and he sent me down to ultrasound to have it drained.
The did it in ultrasound so they could see where the pocket was exactly and guide the needle in.... The needle was HUGE.. when I say huge, I mean in length. I couldn't even give you an exact of how long though, but it scared me. They tried numbing me up before putting it in but that didn't help. It feel like they had lit my breast on fire as they guided the tube in.
The pain was so intense I could not help but scream. I even cussed at them once when they continued to tell me it was all done now, repeatedly (while the tube was still in) because it still hurt extremely bad. They pulled another 110 CC's of fluid out and it was the same yucky brownish color as the first time. Here is just a small sample of what they pulled out that they sent to the lab.

After pulling out the 110 cc's they stopped but left the tube in and attached a drain that they referred to as a grenade. The grenade had slow suction that would pull more fluid out over the next almost 2 days that I had to wear it.
This is my "Grenade"
The doctors were rather amusing even though I was in pain.. They joked that I should most definitely not call the hospital and tell them I have a Grenade I need help with.. haha..

I had that in until Friday July 22nd then went back to have it taken out. It hurt just as bad taking it out as it did putting it in.. I screamed.. LOUD.. Poor Rachael who was there with me probably got her ear drums split by how loud I screamed.. or at the very least it probably made the baby in her belly jump..lol..I got a sudden wave of nausea and dizziness after the drain was removed.. but Rachael helped me out and gave me some water until I felt better.

After all that I drove home feeling a bit better but still having some pain. My pain has slowly been subsiding as I try to heal from all of this. My running has been put on hold until I am fully healed because I do not want jar anything and cause anymore fluid build up.. that is a pain I don't ever want to feel again.

So that is my update.. I am working on getting better and I so appreciate my wonderful friends Betty & Rachael who have helped me and spent time with me. I am also very thankful for all of your prayers. I know how blessed I am to have such wonderful people in my life. I love you Kris!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine!!! Wow, well I really hope this will be the last problem you have and you start to feel better soon :o)

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is always appreciated!

Photobucket